- Get rid of unnecessary items from the bedroom.
- Paint the walls of the room white to make it seem spacious.
- Make your bed, pillows, and blankets as soon as you wake up in the morning.
Every day, most of our time is spent in the bedroom. If the room feels cramped and cramped, this will adversely affect your mood. Sleep quality can also be affected because of a messy bedroom. Unfortunately, sometimes we don’t have a choice over the size of our bedroom. Either because of the cost or other causes. This is how to decorate a bedroom so the space feels spacious and airy.
After knowing how to decorate a bedroom, the most important thing is to always put the stuff in the room back in its place.
How to decorate a narrow bedroom
The minimalist style is very suitable for decorating a small bedroom because it will give the impression of a spacious room. In our article on how to organize a narrow space, you can find some tricks to get around the appearance of a small bedroom. What kind of furniture and knick-knacks can you use to decorate a narrow bedroom?
- Use a mirror. Mirrors are one of the most accessible items you can use to decorate a small bedroom. Mirrors create the illusion of a more expansive room, making the room feel more spacious. You can place the mirror in such a position that it reflects sunlight. This will help decorate the room so it feels spacious and open.
- White walls and contrasting coloured furniture. Painting the bedroom walls white or a colour close to white, such as light pastel colours, makes the room feel clean and not stuffy. To decorate the room, give an accent by choosing furniture and knick-knacks in contrasting colours, such as navy blue or green. We recommend that you use just one or two theme colours for the entire room so that the room doesn’t feel too crowded.
- Take advantage of vertical space. Use multilevel wall shelves to save space. You can also put storage boxes on top of the wardrobe.
- Striking knick-knacks on the walls. You can maintain a minimalist impression in decorating the room by choosing just one large and unique wall decoration to be the centre of the bedroom. Paintings, bohemian-style macrame hangers, or family photos can be an option.
- Accessory display. You can display your accessories and jewellery to sweeten the bedroom. For example, you hang ethnic necklaces on the wall or place a collection of earrings and rings on a tray or glass jewellery box. Bonus: You don’t have to worry about extra storage space for those accessories by decorating a small bedroom like this!
Keep the impression simple and minimalist
Most importantly, maximize the ways to decorate the narrow bedroom above by always maintaining the tidiness and cleanliness of your bedroom. Messy items on the floor will make the room feel cramped and congested. Keep as few things as possible on tabletops and cupboards for a relaxing minimalist impression. Happy decorating!
Leave a Reply