Homeyable.com – In addition to functioning as a protector from excessive sunlight and views from outside the house, curtains can also beautify a room. Different kinds of curtains provide other decorative effects. However, different types of different ways to install it. This article will explain the steps on how to install curtains by sort.
Adjust the size, material, and design of the curtains to the size of the room. Choose heavy curtains for large rooms and light curtains for narrow spaces.
How to install ordinary curtains
Ordinary curtains can be pieces of fabric sewn to the edges or layered fabric held together. One advantage of the material is that it is sewn thicker to hang on the curtain rail. How to install it is very simple:
- Measure the top frame of the window or adjoining wall, then mark both ends of the window, and the centre, if necessary, to attach the rail supports.
- Install rail supports on the window frame or the wall above.
- Install the curtains on the rails. Please pay attention to the curtains you buy, whether they have holes for inserting the rails or have to be hung onto the rails with the help of special rings and hooks. To be clear, get this information from your curtain shop.
- Run the rails through the curtain holes (if available).
- If the curtain does not have holes for the rails, insert the curtain rings onto the rails, then attach the hooks one at a time in the spaces provided on the curtain. Hang the curtains by attaching each clip to a ring on the rail.
- Install the rails on the supports.
- Let the curtains hang down untied.
How to install curtains with bangs
How install bangs curtains is not much different from installing ordinary curtains. There are two stages, namely establishing the curtains and installing the bangs.
- Install special rail supports that can accommodate two or more rails.
- Install the curtains on the first rail as described above. This section can consist of one whole curtain or two curtains half the length of the entire curtain, depending on how it is operated. One full curtain can only be used from one side, while two curtains can be opened in the middle after being installed side by side.
- Hang the first rail on the support closest to the window.
- Prepare the second rail with curtain bangs. Pay attention to the hits you buy – most curtain bangs have holes for the rails along the top edge. Run the fence into the holes, and the curtain bangs are ready to hang on the front rail support.
- Trim the curtains and bangs so that the folds or curves are evenly distributed when the curtains are closed.
- Suppose the curtain consists of two parts, open in the middle towards the opposite sides of the window. Curtain belts of the same material or decorative cords can be used to tie the curtains, but only for decorative purposes.
How to install butterfly curtains
Butterfly curtains are best suited for tall, narrow windows. To install this type of curtain, you must prepare two pairs of rail supports and two rails for the top and bottom of the curtain. Measuring the window carefully is important before buying butterfly curtains so the hanging curtains don’t loosen.
- Install the curtain rail supports on the top and bottom sides of the window parallel to the length of the curtain.
- Track one rail over the top edge of the curtain, then attach it to the support at the top of the window.
- Trace the second rail along the bottom edge of the curtain, then attach it to the support at the bottom side of the window.
- Tie the ends of the curtains to the ends of the rails if you have them so they don’t slide around.
- Arrange the curtains so that the folds are evenly distributed.
- Tie the curtains at the centre of the vertical with decorative string, ribbon, or curtain belt.
That’s how to install different types of curtains at home. You need to know these ways because you must regularly change the curtains to prevent dust buildup. Wash the curtains with a colour-lightening detergent, such as Rinso Color & Care, according to the care instructions.
- Make sure you measure the windows carefully so that the rails and curtains you buy are the right size and look right after installation
- Ask your curtain shop if there is a special way of installing your chosen curtains
- Wash the curtains regularly and iron them, so they don’t look shabby after hanging
Have a nice day!
Leave a Reply